“Fulcrum is the provider clients seek out to improve project and portfolio performance.”
PMOs are increasingly being entrusted with more strategic responsibilities. Organizations continue to be challenged with the consistent application of defined project management processes, resource planning, forecasting, and other business demands. A well-managed Project Management Office can address these challenges in order to ensure successful project delivery. Fulcrum works with clients when they need to:
- Deploy a new PMO
- Operate a PMO
- Outsource the PMO
- Optimize and enhance an existing PMO
Fulcrum provides highly experienced program managers and project managers with the leadership capabilities to successfully guide, manage, and support high-visibility initiatives. Whether you require resources long term or short term, Fulcrum has the flexibility and talent to accommodate your resource needs. We specialize in:
- Managing strategic, mission-critical initiatives: Our clients utilize our consultants when they can't afford program or project failure.
- Recovering troubled projects: Our consultants are skilled at conducting rapid diagnosis of problems, implementing course corrections and bringing projects back on track.
- Interim leadership: We can take charge of PMOs and similar organizations, run them for you for short or long term duration, and transition them back to you when you're ready.
- Supplementing resources: From Business Analysts to Project Controllers to Program Managers, we can help fill your staffing shortages.
From strategic business analysis consulting through to project execution, our BA services deliver value. Our experienced consultants have a track record in improving client business analysis capability through organizational development and providing business analysis services that meet assigned project deliverables. BA capabilities including:
- Business Case Development – identifying client ROI on investment.
- Business Process Management – improving business processes for greater efficiency.
- Buying Technology Software – improving business requirements and technology alignment.
- Business Change – assisting organizations to take advantage of improvements.
- Innovation – helping organizations take advantage of new technology.
- Vendor Evaluation – to ensure optimal technology selection.
- BA Managed Service – we provide experienced and well-trained business analyst resources under defined SLA across client organizations.
- Developing a Business Analysis “Center Of Excellence”.
Fulcrum PM Mentors work closely with a client’s project managers and project personnel to build project management competency while ensuring successful standards are being adopted and help provide a comfortable transition when deploying new processes, practices, and templates. This type of personalized knowledge transfer from experienced resources encourages the development of competencies more easily gained through example, guided learning, and hands-on practice. The ways Fulcrum Mentors can help include:
- Coach your staff in project management processes, methods, and best practices to accelerate the effectiveness of major change initiatives that impact the entire organization.
- Pilot a new initiative working side-by-side with one or more of your project managers to apply standard project management practices in a consistent manner.
- Review the status of projects in the portfolio and make recommendations for improved execution through the coaching and mentoring of project managers.
- Identify risks early that could potentially negative impact on the project, and develop mitigation plans.
- Conduct project health checks to identify issues in a timely manner and assist team members in taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Foster collaborative working relationships and develop a community of project management practitioners.
- Reinforce recent training to ensure concepts from the classroom are put into practice.
- Fill in for an extended period of time during an unexpected absence of the project or program manager.
Fulcrum Consulting has developed a “Launch Pad” Service offering designed to close the gap for newly hired business analysts to support client goals to get a new employee ramped up effectively to be productive and contribute meaningful results. Fulcrum proprietary offering is focused on ramping up new employees as quickly as possible, to impart a client’s culture and values and expose a new employee to the breadth of BA fundamentals needed to succeed and socially integrate the new employee into the client’s team. Some recent testimonials for this capability include:
“Recent launchpad graduates have told us that the program gave them a new appreciation for the heart of what it takes to be successful in a new job,” A recent graduate commented, “Overall, the training was thorough. Fulcrum helped us learn the stuff you really need to know, and that you don’t learn in business school.”
A spokesman for a Fortune 50 Financial Services company and current Fulcrum customer said that “the bank uses Fulcrum’s Launch Pad offering for things like basic training for new business analyst associates to ensure their success long-term.” “We augment Fulcrum’s training and development opportunities with our own in-house programs, to ensure long-term success.” “To date, we have been very happy with the results.”